Wednesday, April 23, 2014

ADOVIA Purifying Mud Mask Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Yep, that's right, another mask review! Can you tell that I'm addicted?!? This time for the Purifying Mud Mask by ADOVIA! Before getting the opportunity to try this mask, I had never heard of the brand so I was very excited to discover another great product.


The first thing that you're going to notice about this product is the price. Yes, it retails for around $30! If you're only willing to pay $5 to $15 at a big name store, then of course this probably isn't for you. If you're willing to pay a little more for a great product, then please, keep reading!

If you're anything like me, the first thing you do when you pick up a product (especially beauty) is to read the back of the packaging.

"ADOVIA's unique Purifying Mud Mask is formulated with Dead Sea Black Mud, Beeswax and a deeply moisturizing combination of Jojoba Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Olive oil. This natural mask boosts cell renewal and revitalizes your skin, while tightening your pores. As the mask dries, it gently pulls out toxins and impurities known to clog pores and cause visible signs of aging. The presence of Dead Sea mud infuses your skin with needed minerals while firming it and improving elasticity. Aloe Vera and Chamomile extracts soothe and calm your skin while Vitamins A and C leave it looking fresh and renewed."

Sounds luxurious, right?!? My first impression from reading the back was that it was going to smell ah-mazing! I mean...Jojoba and Primrose oil? It turns out that the mud doesn't really have much scent whatsoever. After doing some research, it turns out that Jojoba is used in many beauty products for this reason. It has a very mild fragrance. I was surprised, but not disappointed. In many cases, I'd prefer unscented products as some scents tend to get to me after a while.


When you first put the product in your hand to apply to your face, you'd think it's just like any other mud. It feels dense and heavy. However, when you apply a thin layer, it actually feels much more light an airy than other masks I have used in the past. Kind of a treat to have something a little different. The next thing I noticed is that it has a cooling effect. If that alone doesn't make your skin feel refreshed and renewed, I don't know what will! In the directions it mentions to leave on for 10 to 20 minutes or 'until dry'. Well...I had mine on for 20 minutes and it still didn't look dry. What the heck? As it turns out, it doesn't dry and crack as some masks do and barely changes color. Instead, it dries to almost a 'rubbery' (don't worry, it contains no rubber, lol!) look and feel. I had to gently touch the mud with my fingers to check for transfer. Once there is no transfer, you can tell your face is ready to rinse!

After removing the mask and applying a moisturizer (toner is recommended too, but I didn't have that), my skin felt and looked unbelievably 'fresh' and 'new'. It's clear that Vitamins A and C really do play a role in the mud! What a little mud and added ingredients can do for your skin within a 20 minute period is pretty insane.



If you know me at all, you'll probably already know what I'm about to point out from the above picture.
"Not Tested on Animals"
As you may or may not know, I am a HUGE animal lover! Any time I see a product with an image/phrase such as this, you've already gained my respect. So thank you, ADOVIA, for being respectful to our furry (and all other...textured?) animal friends out there.

----------

Overall I was pretty impressed with this product. The whole scent thing threw me for a bit of a loop but it didn't change my opinion on the product whatsoever. I absolutely love the fact that it is so refreshing. I'll definitely be using my ADOVIA mud mask on a weekly basis!

Pick up one for yourself on Amazon

----------

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment: