Saturday, September 6, 2014

PhantomFit Resistance Loop Bands Review



Looking for a convenient way to get your exercise on the go? Or...do you just want exercise equipment that doesn't take up a whole room?
If your answer was 'yes' to either of these questions...or even if it was 'no', I have the thing for you! Resistance loop bands that is! It's probably pretty likely that you have seen or at least heard of resistance bands before, but these are a step up. Instead of just being a long, flat/tube shaped piece of rubber, these are actually loops.

Regular Resistance Bands vs. Resistance Loop Bands
In the past, I have used just the flat resistance bands and have had problems with them here and there. My favorite thing to do with these sorts of bands has always been to put them around my ankles or wrists and stretch. Well, when you have the long strip resistance band, you have to tie the ends together to have a loop. If you don't get it tied tight enough, they can snap apart while you are doing your exercise. Believe me...it's happened to me and it isn't much fun. Just like being snapped by a big ole rubber band. With these loop bands, you don't have to worry about that because they are already loops when you buy them.

Strength
A main question you probably have is..."Can they break and how easy?"
Well...yes, they can snap. Easily? Not so much. In general, you can stretch resistance bands up to 3 times the original size. I carefully stretched one my arms length to see how well the PhantomFit bands held up. There was no sign of the band being ready to snap. While I would not recommend finding out, I have a feeling they would be pretty difficult to break. However, they will wear out over time and may eventually snap. It's always a good idea to switch the bands out when they seem to be 'well used'.


Are they worth the price?
At $14.99 on Amazon, you can't go wrong. The portability alone is a huge plus. Also, they can be used for upper body and lower body which is hard to find with a majority of exercise equipment.

The bad news
The carrying case is a pain in the butt! It's nice to have, but the bands just don't want to slide down into the bag. Instead, they just want to stick to the sides. But...wait! I have read that they are aware of the problem and plan on creating a new carrying case! I don't know what the plan is, but I think it would be extremely effective to put a zipper (or velcro) down the long side of the bag so that you can just lay the bands inside and zip them shut. Whatever the change is that they make, I'm sure it will be much more effective than the present.

Conclusion
The pros of the bands definitely outweigh the cons. If you're looking for portable exercise equipment, you can't go wrong with these.

PhantomFit Online
Website

-------------------------------------------

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment