Sunday, December 7, 2014

Smart Weigh SBS500 Digital Scale Review


The Smart Weigh body fat scale is truly a 'smart' device. Not only can you measure your weight, you can also measure body fat, body water, muscle mass, and bone mass. Perfect for maintaining or improving your health and appearance.

The scale looks pretty incredible too! With tempered glass and stainless steel accents, you're sure love the design. The screen displays bright, easy to read text/numbers and comes in very clearly. Plus, it is so thin that it can be slid under shelving/etc. if you so choose.


You even have the option to create up to 8 personal profiles to keep track of your health. Input your height, age and gender to get the most accurate results. It takes only a minute to set up and is incredibly easy to use!

On to my experience with the scale....

When I first opened up the box (well packaged by the way), I was really impressed with the design! While this may sound odd talking about a scale...it was very pretty! I've never had anything like it before. I've always just had the simple, solid colored, weight only scales that you get at big box stores. I must admit, I felt a bit spoiled. I also absolutely loved how thin the scale was, very sleek.


Next came the fun part. I set up my profile and stepped on the scale. I was excited...but nervous to see the results. I didn't understand my results at first, so I had to consult the manual. The manual is very informative and helps you to read your results. While I won't share my results, I will say that I was more pleased than I thought I would be. Of course I had my doubts that the scale may not be accurate, but when comparing the weight and bmi to past measurements, they were very similar. I feel pretty confident that the results are quite accurate.

The only minor issue that I had with this scale is that it is hard to keep clean. After standing on the scale barefoot one time, you can see your footprint. While easy to just wipe off, it can still be a hassle. Given the sleek design, I'm willing to put up with the footprints as opposed to a change in design.

Tips:
-Always use scale on a hard, flat surface to receive accurate results
-When measuring body fat, body water, muscle mass and bone mass, always stand completely barefoot. If you attempt wearing socks/etc., your results may not be read or will be inaccurate.

--------------------------------------------

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment