Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Influenster Sugar 'N Spice VoxBox 2013


Yep, that's right ladies and gents, I was lucky enough to snag the Sugar 'N Spice VoxBox FREE from Influenster! I'll tell you right now, I was SHOCKED when I opened the box! There was sooo much stuff (and really good stuff) in there! I have watched many un-boxings of other boxes on YouTube and must say that this was one of the best! I won't get carried away and ramble about the box because that probably wouldn't be very interesting! Hah! Instead, I'll get down to my reviews of each item!!

belVita Breakfast Biscuits:
$3.69 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits

Oh yum!!
When I first saw this I was really excited to open them up and taste 'em! I have seen these all over in the stores, but have just never bought them because I was afraid I wouldn't like them. However, they are sooo yummy! The one that I got free in my VoxBox was Cinnamon Brown Sugar which I love! To me, they taste just like a cross between a graham cracker and one of those crunchy granola bars. Personally, I love both of those things and having them mixed together in one item is pretty delish! The Cinnamon and Brown Sugar flavor isn't really intense like it is in toaster pastries, but more of a mild flavor. Seeing as it is a breakfast item (though it'd be good any time of day), I like that the flavor is more mild. When it comes to eating them, I like that they are a good addition to other foods. I'm a sucker for parfaits, so when I have my greek yogurt in the morning I like to stick a belVita biscuit in it! I never have granola on hand, so the belVita Biscuit is a good substitute! Really though, it'd be good with so many things! The only downside that I have with these is that they are a tad high in calories. Each pack of 4 biscuits (1.76 oz) has 230 calories and 80 from fat.
Verdict: YES
I would absolutely buy these and recommend them to friends/family!

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes:
$5.99 for a 20-count box

When I opened the box and saw these, I really had no idea what they were. I had never heard of Dickinson's but was somewhat familiar with Witch Hazel. After doing some reading, I found out that they are an all natural cleansing towelette! Gotta love products with natural ingredients! What is really great about them is that each towelette is individually wrapped unlike Ponds (which I also love), which are in like a baby wipe bag. Being individually wrapped, they are excellent to stick in your purse or pocket for on the go. Heck, you could keep a few in your car for when you need them! When I first opened the package, the first thing I noticed was that they were really damp. I love this because I feel like my face is being cleaned better than with similar items that are nearly dry feeling! Shortly after, I noticed that the towelette is a bit larger than most others I've used (5" x 7")! For me this is also a plus because with a small one, I feel like I'm just rubbing the dirt into my face instead of off of it. So...almost everything has to have a downside, right? Well, here's what the downside of these is for me. I really love things that smell 'pretty' and these just don't have the greatest scent. I'm aware that it is because they are natural, so I'm more than okay with it...but just thought I'd point that out. I really can't explain what they smell like, but it is nothing floral or fruity. It's kind of just got a scent of its own. Perhaps that's what Witch Hazel smells like?
Verdict: YES & NO
I would buy Dickinson's again, but probably the Skin Cleanser in the tube instead of the towelettes. Since the towelettes are the only things I've tried, I would recommend them to anyone who has a busy, on the go life style as they are great for travel.

Colgate Optic White Regimen:
$2.99/each for toothbrush/toothpaste/mouthwash
I originally intended on doing an in depth review on each of these three items on this blog. Instead, I'm going to dedicate a separate blog (coming soon) just to the Colgate products. So here we goooooo....

Toothbrush:

When I first saw this toothbrush, I was really confused. It's called a 360 degree optic white brush. My first thought was.."It's a toothbrush...how does it whiten?" I took the package and read up on it. It turns out that the toothbrush has 'whitening cups' that hold the toothpaste long enough to effectively whiten. They are not really 'cups', but more of 4 super wide bristles in the center of the toothbrush (3 sets) that hold the toothpaste in place. It also has polishing bristles which are crazy blue illusions when you look at them. I don't honestly know how they work, but they seem to have a bit of texture to them, so maybe they scrub better? The last thing about this toothbrush is that it has a tongue/cheek scrubber on the back which I LOVE!! Now you're probably wondering whether this brush makes your teeth whiter? Honestly...I don't know. I know that it cleans my teeth extremely well but as to whether it whitens better or not, it's really hard to say unless you test it out and keep track of results.
Verdict: YES
The tongue scrubber alone is enough to make me buy this again. Plus, you can't beat the price at $2.99!

Toothpaste:

Out of the three Colgate products this is the only one that I had tried previously. However, I had never tried it with the Colgate toothbrush/toothpaste before so this was also a new experience. You know how some whitening toothpastes have an almost bitter taste? Yeah, Colgate Optic White doesn't have that! Honestly, I can't tell by the flavor that it is even a whitening paste! BUT...I can tell that it is a whitening toothpaste by the effect that is has on my teeth! This stuff really does whiten! I've been using this (with the mouthwash) for only a week and know for sure that my teeth are at least one shade whiter and much, much brighter! I normally have pretty white teeth in the first place, so I was a bit skeptical but man...I was extremely impressed!
Verdict: YES
Out of any whitening toothpastes out there, this would be my first choice.

Mouthwash:

Last but not least, the mouthwash! I'm a tad iffy on this one. On one hand, I love this stuff because I really think that it helps whiten! Also, it doesn't burn my mouth and make my eyes water like so many other mouthwashes do. $2.99 (8 oz.)seems like a fair price as well considering the price of other whitening mouthwash available! What I could do without is the unique taste. It isn't horrible, but it is almost a shock when you first taste it. There is almost a sour or tangy flavor to it. I don't know if this is some of the ingredients in the mouthwash, or if it has something to do with taking the burn out. However, there is no bad aftertaste. Once you spit the wash out, your mouth does taste minty.
Verdict: YES & NO
I would buy this again because I truly do think it whitens. It also seems like a fair price. If you're picky about the flavor, I would not recommend this mouthwash.

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer:
$7.99 for 6.5 oz. can

How crazy is this? A lotion that sprays out of the can! I don't know about all of you, but I had never heard of this until shortly before I received my VoxBox! I'm one that likes to put lotion on every time after I get out of the shower. I always hated having to squirt the lotion out of the bottle onto my hands especially when the tube was almost empty. It just makes a huge mess! Nobody likes that! Anyway, I have used the regular Vaseline for many years and always loved it so I figured this would be the same. When you spray it on, it feels thinner than typical lotion which only makes since considering it 'sprays'. A huge factor in deciding what lotion to buy, for me, is the scent. The lotion has a very mild, fresh scent which I love because it doesn't overpower perfume if you so choose to wear both. Do I think the lotion works? Sure! After applying, my skin feels very soft and really smooth! I'd say it works just as well as non-spray lotion! The only negative that I have is that it's rather expensive! With as much as I use lotion, I couldn't pay $7.99 for 6.5 oz. so therefore I only use this when I'm in a hurry.
Verdict: YES
Even though this is rather expensive, I would still recommend and buy again! However, I would use sparingly!

NECTRESSE:
$6.99 for 5.9 oz container, or $3.99 for box of 40 packets

Out of all the goodies in the VoxBox, I was the most skeptical about trying this one! Being in my mid 20's, I had never before knowingly tried an artificial sweetener. I was always just afraid to knowing that some have ingredients that I'm not fond of consuming. Luckily for me, NECTRESSE is an all natural sweetener so I was more than willing to give it a try. The first thing I made with it was a Sweet Tea. Unfortunately..I did not like the tea....BUT...I tasted just a tad bit of the NECTRESSE plain and it was actually really good! WARNING: It is very, very sweet! I don't tell you this because it's a bad thing...actually it's a great thing so that you don't have to use so much, but the intensity of the flavor is a bit overwhelming at first! I don't know if it's something that I would replace sugar with in baking, but it would work great in coffee/cereal/drinks! Also, the little packets are so handy! Instead of getting out the canister and a spoon and then having extra dirty dishes, you just rip open the little packet and dump it in! Couldn't be easier!
Verdict: YES
If you're looking for a sugar substitute, NECTRESSE is what I would choose! It is on the expensive side, but the price is worth it seeing as it's All-Natural!

---------------------------------------

Wowza! That blog got a bit long! I see myself as being somewhat of a picky person! It's incredible that there wasn't even one thing in this box that I actually didn't like! I absolutely can't wait to get another box to review for you all! Thanks again to Influenster and all of the Brands that had items in this box! Please be sure to follow/like all of the brand pages, they deserve it! Also, join me on Influenster.com and you can review boxes too!



belVita
Facebook
Twitter
Website

Dickinson's
Facebook
Website

Colgate
Facebook
Twitter
Website

Nectresse
Facebook
Website

Vaseline
Facebook
Twitter
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment