Wednesday, June 11, 2014

UV Sight Pet 'Potty' Stain Detector Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I've got a completely new and exciting item to review for you all today!
If you have indoor pets as I do, you'll find this interesting. If you have indoor pets that have 'accidents' like I do you'll find this extremely helpful!
As you all may or may not know, I'm an extreme animal lover. I have 2 indoor dogs and many other indoor/outdoor pets. One of them happens to be a mischievous Cocker Spaniel named Missy. On occasion, she chooses to leave me little gifts in the morning in the form of 'potty'. Thanks Missy.
While I did everything I could to potty train her, it just wasn't effective so I just put up with the messes. I found out later that Cocker's are notorious for this kind of behavior. I didn't enjoy stepping all over barefoot to find the spots and that's where this light came in handy!

How To:

This light will only work when the room is dark. It does not have to be pitch black, but the darker the better. Since I used it early in the morning, I shut off all lights and pulled all of the blinds. There was still a bit of morning peaking through but the light worked just fine. Since this is a UV light it is also recommended that you wear sunglasses. Not only do they protect your eyes but they also enhance fluorescence. Then you just simply turn the light on and hold it 2 to 3 feet from the carpet and begin your search.

My original intent was to show you a picture of what it looks like when you see a stain. However...my memory failed on me and before cleaning the stain up, I forgot to take a picture. However, I did include a picture of what the light looks like without a stain. It is really quite bright. When you actually do find a stain, you will see a bright (and I mean bright) blue spot that looks like a neon sign! The UV light even picks up little dribbles and trickles! This product really gives you a piece of mind knowing that you are cleaning all that gunk out of your carpet.


The one and only downfall that I found with this was using it on certain carpets. I have a greenish shag carpet in my home that for some reason will show no stains. I suppose it is possible that I have gotten them all cleaned out...but very doubtful as I can smell 'potty' in this room occasionally. I don't know if it is the shag or the color, but one or two are causing the light to work improperly.



Anyway, if you're someone who has pets and know they have accidents or are just curious, this is definitely a worth while investment. Happy owner makes one happy puppy! Though I'd rather the potty be outside, Missy, thank you for helping me test this product out!

Purchase on Amazon

-----------------------------------------------

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment